Thursday, April 17, 2008

Hooray for WALL-E!

I just saw the trailer for Wall-E, the upcoming film from Pixar, and all I can say is:

YES!!! WOOHOO!!! Bring it on!

I am incredibly excited for this movie! First of all, its from Pixar, a studio that has yet to disappoint - a point they made in excellent fashion by showing shots from all the previous amazing Pixar films in the Wall-E trailer. Pixar consistently makes films that feature not only beautiful animation but also memorable, loveable characters and strong, moving stories that make you forget all about the technical aspects of the film and just let yourself get caught up in the storytelling.

Reasons I'm especially excited for Wall-E:
  • The movie is directed by Andrew Stanton, the same man who directed the AMAZING Finding Nemo. Bottom line: this guy knows what he's doing.
  • "EVE," the female robot who befriends Wall-E, is one tough chick. It's nice to see some girl power on the silver screen. :-)
  • I found out that it WILL have the voice of John Ratzenberger. I didn't see his name on the cast list at IMDb, but I read a press release that confirmed that his voice is in the movie. John Ratzenberger is considered Pixar's "lucky charm" (he's been in every Pixar movie to date), so his presence in the film is a good sign.

No comments: